Friday, July 2, 2010

Retreat From Endurance?

Nooooo!

Man, I'm so pumped up about this workout I'm doing! I'm getting in the best shape of my life and... my neck is spazing-out!

It is a 60 day program, yes I'm in the 'recovery' week but, ahhh, I've missed two days. I'll probably miss 3 more -which places me (hopefully ready) on Monday with more intense workouts -and fingers crossed.

Endurance, one of The Universal Standard of The Uncompromised, is not about sampling, but about discipline, consistency, determined/focused effort and sustainability. Oh... Hmmmmm, sustainability.

I remember hearing someone say that, "It's easy to be hard and hard to be smart." Isn't that the truth?! Actually I think I was was being 'hard' last week when my neck was feeling a bit tight and slightly spasmodic; I just kept working out, determined not to quit. So instead of voluntarily, and wisely opting out, I got taken out!

Just like too many people take themselves out of the game by not being disciplined or working hard, others like me can get blinded by their own resolve and lose the very thing they are after.

Here I am, icing and even taking muscle relaxers (I almost never take any pill), contemplating how hard sometimes it is to be smart, what the cost of being 'hard' is -and learning a vital nuance of true Endurance: sustainability.

On Ice,

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment