Monday, July 19, 2010

Not Deciding is Deciding


iphone 4 or Droid X?

AT&T or Verizon?



Cheaper phone and longer contract or more expensive phone and simply go month to month?

I thought about what I'd do before the iphone came out and as the news of the new Droid became public. My contract with Verizon was up in May. I still couldn't decide what to do, but I don't like the phone I have now.

*The problem with writing about something as rigorous as The Uncompromised is people will hold you to that standard. Well Saturday I was at a NY state park -and there I was with my accountant, who asked if I'd gotten the new phone yet.

I won't say which phone he owns except that he nailed me on my own philosophy when I told him that I'd still not decided. The truth is I know what I want to buy but I'm being lazy by avoiding the stores and waiting for some elusive piece of conclusive evidence one way or the other. He said, "Ron, don't compromise. Just buy the phone."

He knows what I want in a phone and expects me to just decide and do. I thought I could put the decision off. In fact what I've been doing the last 3 months is deciding to use a junky phone that doesn't meet any of my needs. Hmmm. I don't like the sound of that.

And you? In what area of life have you 'decided' to put off a decision but it really has amounted to a compromise of something important for you?

RR

2 comments:

  1. I have always felt that I know what I'd like to do in life, when I need to do it and how to go about it. The toughest part is taking the appropriate action and bringing "life" into fruition.

    In your case Ron, something as simple as a signing a cell phone contract and buying a device can put your life on hold.

    I have my "cell phones" which have held my life up. Time for me to take action and live uncompromised!

    Chris D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron signed a contract yesterday! On to bigger and better things!

    RR

    ReplyDelete