Monday, April 11, 2011

A Blog About Fajitas?


Is "fajitas" Spanish for "make your own burrito"?

I don't want to make my own burritos. But man I keep ordering fajitas when I go to Mexican places. I can't help it; I like them.

I want steak, fried onions/peppers, diced tomatoes, guacamole and that nifty sauce. But I don't want to have to do the math required to properly divide up the resources (previously mentioned) so I don't end up starring at an empty hot plate and three soft tortilla shells.

I'm not quite sure what the connection between this touch of inspiration and a personal growth message would be. Let me see what I've got though...

Why don't I simply ask for three steak steak soft tacos with onions, peppers, diced tomatoes, guacamole and nifty sauce? Why do I keep putting myself in this bind of missing dinner time conversations as I do long division on a sizzling plate that some dude is compelled to tell me is hot?

Hey, I know! I could actually ask for what I want. Why continue to damn myself to do math and the manual labor necessary to properly ration my foodstuffs?

Okay, motion carried. Asking for what I want is a good thing and worth trying. I'll be dining on Mexican Wednesday night and commit to ending the insanity.

Thanks for the therapy.

RR

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I do the same thing! But what is it that I really want? Is it the sizzling plate of aesthetically arranged ingredients that dazzles the eye and opens up a world of fajita possibilities? Or am I seeking the deliciousness of the assembly... not caring about the process involved in creating it? I don't know... but when I'm at a sit down mexican restaurant... I go for the fajita. I'm a glutton for punishment. I think though, that there is something to be said for mastering the art of fajita assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got something there..."mastering the art of fajita assembly"!

    It's a creative process that challenges the mind's ability to keep pace with an impatient appetite!

    RR

    ReplyDelete