Friday, October 8, 2010

Saying No


Periodically I'm asked to endorse someone for their coaching credentials. This means that I write a short letter (email) that indicates that I've heard them coach and can endorse them for a particular caliber of proficiency or talent.

I've had to say 'no' recently to two people who I like. It hurt in the moment but man, I feel so good; I respect myself! I feel good because I know that the times that I have and the times that I will endorse someone actually mean something. I respect myself because I see the value of my word increasing.

Sure it would be easier to say 'yes' to everyone and make more 'friends'. But man, do I want more 'friends' that know that I'll breach my word for the sake of niceness and to avoid 'pain'? No, I'd rather have those that stick with me as I stick to my integrity.

Heck! I've got to find more things and people to say 'no' to!

You?

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment