Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mugged!


No, not at gun or knife-point -but in front of my computer!

I was checking out some links listed by a top blogger as places he'd leveraged to build his following. I'm keen on learning from people who know what I don't so down the list (several short lists on a long post) I went. Second to last grouping and second link down... Blam-O!

Up comes a site that was degrading and kind of intriguing (like a car accident) that I never expected to see. I was mugged. Out of nowhere I was confronted with something I didn't ask for and didn't want.

I quickly closed the window and with eyes bugged out of my head gasped, "What the..." I did complete the phrase.

'Muggings' are tests to see if we are who we say we are. You may be 'mugged' by a tray of cookies, a letter from the IRS, someone's irate response to you or a proposal of one sort or another. How you respond reveals you to yourself and the world.

How have you been mugged? What did you see in yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a message. What a great perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dude.

    How about when we 'walk down streets' where we know there is a good chance we'll be mugged?! What are we after?

    Hmmmm....

    RR

    ReplyDelete