Monday, August 1, 2011

Success Is Really Simple


I was at Saratoga Race Track yesterday during a picture-perfect day in terms of weather, the presence of family and lots of friendly people. It really is a great place to spend a summer day.

How did I do? I didn't lose a dollar! I also didn't wager one. I don't enjoy losing money so...

Anyway, it really struck me how simple success is. It's a choice to do the simple, the common sense thing--even the mundane. Yes I watched and enjoyed some races yesterday, and I also enjoyed watching people do what successful people do, while others take took the road of easy compromise--and that which makes themselves and others suffer.

With utter fascination, I watched people shred and then discard their losing tickets on the ground--as they walk by a garbage cans! While fifteen feet away I could see others clean up after themselves as well as others who'd done the trashing!

Success isn't a mystery.

Getting what you want isn't from following a complex series of steps.

Success isn't luck or an accident.

If only we'd just do what we know...

If only we'd be faithful to the plans we'd laid for ourselves...

Compromise is easy.

Easy-living is a choice.

The Uncompromised live a fulfillment that those who live by easy compromise, don't even really believe exists.

Believe act accordingly.

RR


No comments:

Post a Comment