Monday, February 7, 2011

Hiding in the Inbox

People find 100 different ways to avoid doing what they must do if their lives are to be what they say they want them to be. What are your hideouts?

I remember, when I first got into business for myself, I ate...a lot! I didn't know how to be in business, I didn't know how to be responsible for my time -bottom line: I didn't know what to do and when I did, I lacked the courage to do it. So I ate.

I distinctly remember talking myself into the idea that I had to have a peanut butter sandwich so I had the energy to make some phone calls. As I sat in my kitchen eating, I realized that I was being a poser. I wasn't in business; I was kicking up dust to look like I was handling something necessary in a entrepreneur's day (eating).

I've got a couple important pieces of writing to do today...not to mention a couple of decisions I need to make -off I went to manage some emails! I caught myself pretty quickly and got to thinking how else do I make my actions look good but fail to follow through on what I know I actually have to do to live what I want.

Well I'll think more about that later but now, now I have a few things I've committed to that need my time. And you? What's your hideout?

Be Good - Don't Compromise,

RR

No comments:

Post a Comment